Crossness Southern Outfall Works

Nearby Routes
Comments

Built by Sir Joseph Bazalgette for London's sewage system and opened in 1865, Crossness Pumping Station is a Grade 1 Listed building and features some of the most spectacular ornamental Victorian cast ironwork found in the world today.

Opened in 1865, the Beam Engine house at Crossness houses four rotative beam engines named after the main members of the Victorian Royal Family, Victoria, Prince Consort, Albert-Edward and Alexandra Originally single cylinder engines from the James Watt Co. in Birmingham, they were all substantially upgraded to 3 cylinder engines in 1895-1901 by the Benjamin Goodfellow Co from Hyde in Cheshire

Location
Nearby